S.SHAHANAZ M.Phil., MDMP.,
• Worked as a Psychologistin Dr.Shanthi clinic and as a visiting consultant Psychologist in the hospitals including GKNM, Kongu Nadu, Sakthi, Ganga and Aswin and had an exposure in different cases. (Jan 2000-Feb 2001)
• Worked as a Behaviour Modification Trainer in The Society for the Aid of Handicapped Children with Dr.Balu Psychiatrist (March 2001 to March 2002)
• Worked as a Coordinator for the Program called News Paper In Education (NIE) Sponsored and Organized by THE HINDU news paper and Conducted by Prism Books (Soft tech) Pvt Ltd Bangalore.(June 2004 – April 2008)
• Conducted training programs for the resources persons in Life Skill Training, Behavioral Skill, Humanities, Language skills and Cognitive skills.
• Coordinated NIE programs in various Schools in and around Coimbatore (Tripur, Pollachi, Erode and Udumulpate) to bring about increased awareness among Children on a wide range of topics.
• Working as a part time Psychologist in Shakeenath clinic Karumbukadai Organised by JIH.
• Worked as a Counselor /Business Head in
NAT-V Softech PLtd in Gandhipuram, Coimbagtore from Jan 2009 to May 2009.
• Worked as a Psychologist in K.J hospital, Kuniyamuthur, Coimbatore
Conducted Educational Programs:
• In Vidya Nikathan School Conducted an Educational program for +1 & +2 students on the areas of Adolescence Psychology, Studying skills and Career Counseling. June 2000
• Training program for the primary, secondary and Higher secondary class teachers in Islamia Matriculation School, Karumbukadai Cbe on the areas of Behaviural Modification, Study skills and Learning disabilities. November 2000
• Given talk on Psychological Disorders in females and Family counseling for the SIO girls and woman’s wing Fort, Cbe Jan 2003
• Presented a speech on Child Stress and Stress Management for the member of Coimbatore Primary Teachers Association in Baldev Kikani Matriculation school. March 2006
• Conducted Communication skills and Language skills classes for the students of ELGI matriculation and Angappa CBSE schools.
• Participated in a Panel discussion on “Healthy Habits for Healthy Children” and spoke about Parent –Child relationship and Behavior therapy Organized by Pepsodent Company on July 8, 2008 at The Residency, Coimbatore.
• Presented a seminar on “self-awareness” and “Communication skills” for the BBM students of Karpagam Arts and Science College on 8th August 08.
• Presented a seminar on Stress management and Personality Development for B.Sc and M.Sc Computer Science students in PSG TECH College, Peelamedu, Coimbatore July 8th 2009.
• Conducted Counselling session for the students B.Sc IT in PSG TECH college, Peelamedu, Coimbatore on December 5th 2009.
Running a private clinic (Covai Counseling Centre) since 16 years from 2002. Successfully treated 1176 cases by using an appropriate Behavior Technology within a specified period of time. The cured cases were several types, especially:
• Depression / sleep disorders
• Anxiety / Phobia’s
• Marital Maladjustments
• Sexual impulses & inadequacy problems
• Obsessive Compulsive disorders
• Behavior disorders in Children / ADHD
• Stuttering / Stammering
: Life member in Coimbatore Psychology Association (CPA).
: Session member in 85th Indian National Science Congress (1999)
: Session member of a Panel discussion on Healthy Habits for Healthy Children Organized by Pepsodent At Residency on 8th July 2008.